Friday, May 3, 2013

Shakespeare's Birthplace

We stopped in Stratford-on-Avon for lunch on Saturday, April 20th. This town is the birthplace of William Shakespeare. We just had time for lunch, a little shopping (wait until I post about the cute Alice in Wonderland thimbles I bought here!) and take a few photos of Shakespeare's birth home before we had to move on. It was a glorious sunny day and everyone was out and about.

FYI - WiFi is spotty while we are here in Inverness Scotland. I'm in our hotel's lobby now so I can use their free hot spot. To get the Internet in the room we would have to pay almost 10£ a day. And I refuse to pay that amount! So I may have to postpone my postings of our trip until we are home again.

We have seen and done so much on this trip. I'm so pleased and amazed I'm keeping up. I've loved every moment and every place we have visited. I'm listening to The Beatles on my iPhone as I type this posting. It seems appropriate to listen to the Fab Four while in the U.K. doesn't it? Yep, it sure does!

Enjoy a few photos of Stratford-on-Avon.









4 comments:

  1. I love Stratford it's not far from where my sister lives it's lovely to see all the boats in the basin. Sounds like your having a fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the weather is finally being kind to you too. Hope you continue to enjoy yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip! Beautiful sites.

    Michelle. thebashfulnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an interesting boat in the first photo. Looks like the weather was gorgeous that day. xo

    ReplyDelete