Saturday, May 11, 2013

Ah...Spring!

We came home from our trip to England/Wales/Scotland to a lush, blooming and very green world.




Our Snowball bush is covered with huge, beautiful white flowers.


I love this flowing plant.


It's grown in size and is spreading out even more.


This time of the year is so pretty when the grass is so lush, so green and so thick.


Our Serviceberry tree is loaded with branches and leaves.

We keep it trimmed so it doesn't overpower the deck and pathway.

I hope it is loaded with berries for birds this year.  

Yesterday I was going to use my canister steam cleaner to clean the railings on our screened porch but the darn thing wouldn't work.  It's been several years since I last used it.  But I just got this idea in my head that using it would make that job so much easier.  And then I thought I could also use it to steam clean my window sills.  Two nasty jobs.  I couldn't stop thinking about it so I googled steam cleaners and found one at Home Depot that has good reviews.  I just may replace my broken one.  

I have used our pressure washer on the porch and deck which works fine when I want to clean down the floor.  But I have to clean the railings more frequently throughout the season and don't want or need all the water that a pressure hose delivers.

Screened in porches and decks are lovely to have but they do need constant care and cleaning. 

I'm glad I took these photos yesterday because it is overcast and dark today.

The grass is loving all this rain we are having.   

I hope it is lovely this weekend wherever you are.   

  

3 comments:

  1. Your snowball bush is awesome, Sandy. Beautiful, what gorgeous bouquets you can make, one for every room in your home! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing that snowball bush every year. It's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard looks lovely. Here it's still all brown no green yet not until late May or June you know how Alaska is. We're leaving Thurs for Iceland.

    ReplyDelete