Friday, March 22, 2013

Where's Spring?

BUNCO is done. 

 It was a success - all the gals had a fun time. 

 Unfortunately as host I didn't have a chance to take any photos with the food set up on the kitchen island but I did take some pics of the tables set up in the family rooms prior to the arrival of the gang.


My flowers were the center piece on the kitchen island.

I bought a new pink plastic table cloth for the island too and set some china bunnies around the flowers.

It looked really pretty.


I managed to take a few photos of the tables set up before the gals arrived.


I moved two of the chairs back into the corners of the family room to make room for the two card tables.


Today we got up early and drove to the RV dealership to pick up our travel van (it was in for some repairs that were still under warranty).  

It was cold this morning - only 29 degrees - and trying to snow - luckily there was just some very light snowflakes in the air.  

This evening we have a lovely fire going.


See how neat my crochet area is?

I put all the yarn and stuff away upstairs for BUNCO and haven't bought it back down yet.

I'm enjoying it all clean and neat without my piles of mess all around me.


Isn't it pretty in our family room and kitchen with the sun shining through the french doors?


This is one of the appetizers I made (recipe here) - Bacon-Wrapped Li'l Smokies in a Brown Sugar and Maple Glaze.   They are ready to go into the oven to bake and then into the crock pot to keep warm.  

I also made this one (here) - Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents

I found both of these delicious recipes on Pinterest.   

The gals don't eat much and I had too much food left over...again.  


Our trees have buds on them.  

I sure wish it would warm up.

Think SPRING!

2 comments:

  1. Glad it was a good evening. Appetizers look good. It is so cold here, too, and maybe some snow on Monday, or a slushy mess. Supposed to warm up at the end of next week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your bunco went well. Those little dogs look yummy, but not for here at the beach. Which by the way, has been chilly since I've arrived. I've only seen the sun one day out of the first week. Had such fun meeting the girls for afternoon tea.

    ReplyDelete