Friday, January 11, 2013

Playing with My Header...

What do you think of my new Valentine & Hearts Header?



It's so much fun to make new Blogger Headers using Ribbet.com, a free online photo editing website.

I found an easy to follow pictorial tutorial (here) to create your own individual and creative blog headers at Barbara's "The Everyday Home" fantastic blog.

Go ahead and try it!

If I can, you can too!

So, what have I been up to?

Well, Christmas decorations are finally boxed away.

Indoor Christmas bins...done!
Outdoor Christmas Bins packed - these go out into the shed.
Can't believe that Christmas is over and here it is January 2013.

I guess it is time to get out my Valentine decorations.

I have limited decor for this holiday.

Thank goodness.

But before I decorate for another holiday I've been "playing" with my new "toy"

 {{{Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000}}

and I think I found my next sewing project.

I've had this fabric panel for over twenty years with the intent to quilt it like I did my "Christmas Forest Scene" - you know the one that I hang up every Christmas over our family room fireplace (see it here).



 This panel is entitled "The Night Before Christmas - St. Nicholas".

After I quilt it I will have fun embellishing it with bells, ribbon, paint and whatever else strikes my fancy.


I finished the body on my Gingham Throw and the border is next.

 I may "do my own thing" on the border to make the throw a little larger.

 It's on the small size...but just perfect for a baby.

If our niece has another girl this July this one will go to her.

Well, that's all that's going on here at Teacup Lane.

 Hope your day is full of happiness and love.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, be still my heart.. LOVE your gingham afghan!! Beautiful! Love your header too. I've seen them done like these before; nice that they're more personal and unique! I'll have to check out the site you mentioned.. Thanks! Wishing you and yours a blessed and very Happy New Year! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gingham. Will you have a tutorial? Or did you use another's tutorial? I'd love to try it. And thanks for the links for the blog aids. I will have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie - Thanks! You can purchase the book for the pattern on Amazon if you wish (Melody Griffiths "crocheted afghans"). However, it's just double crochet (3 for each color) working with two yarns across each row. Just click on my labels at end of this post selecting "gingham blanket" and all my posts related to this project will come up. One of the posts has a video tutorial explaining how to crochet a gingham pattern. The hardest part is learning to carry the last color along with the new color but once you get the hang of that it is easy.

      Delete