Sunday, January 20, 2013

Let Me Tell You The Story...

Oh, yes...the story of the Vintage Crocheted Blanket. 



 I was so proud of myself figuring out this ripple pattern. 

 Patience less me taking the time to draw a diagram and practice test after test repeat until I was satisfied I had "it right".

Although... as I worked it up... the thought crossed my mind my pattern didn't look exactly like the pattern in the photos. 

My "valleys" were identical but my "mountains" seemed a little off.

 I told myself it must be the light or the angle of the photo.


Then I started to play around with the new crochet diagram software (Crochet Charts - StitchWare.com) I purchased.  

As I was trying to construct the diagram for this ripple I realized I didn't crochet my double V-Stitches correctly. 

Duh...this isn't a hard stitch to do. 

And because of that I didn't place the hook in the right spaces around those stitches.

So my "mountains" weren't quite as steep as shown in the photos.

After realizing this I practiced a few rows on my test piece and finally managed to get it done correctly so it looked like the photos.  

However, I decided not to frog my blankie.  

It looks nice as is so I will continue with my erroneous pattern version.

That's all for now on this blankie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember my black and white motif?

You know the cute, little granny square I was playing around with in black and white yarns? 


Here's my rough first diagram of it. 


Still have to work on it a little bit. 

Move the symbols closer together....

What do you think? 

 Have you tried making your own diagrams?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My funny for the day:


(Source:  Pinterest)

3 comments:

  1. That diagram looks like ancient heiroglyphics!! lol Wow, even crocheting has gotten more techie than I remember!! What I learned is that most people, unless they are an expert in the field of crocheting, won't notice stitches that closely. They will look at the blanket and ooh and aah and secretly wish they could do one themselves! ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made the right decision to continue with your blanket. It looks great and your 'error' means it will be one of a kind.
    I work best from text rather than charts.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made the right decision to continue with your blanket. It looks great and your 'error' means it will be one of a kind.

    I agree with Carol

    Could you please post your version of the vintage ripple afghan?

    ReplyDelete