Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fruit Punch Tote Lining Time


The last two days I've been working on the lining for my Fruit Punch Tote.

I pinned my pattern pieces to my Hawaiian Butterfly fabric and marked all the cutting lines on the wrong side of the fabric. 

 I had just enough fabric to complete the two-sided lining.



I made a few mistakes along the way and was able to correct all except for one that won't show... so I left it as is.  

I think it turned out pretty good considering I've never sewed a lining in a tote before.



The handles are sewn into the lining.

Now I just have to insert the lining into the tote.



I added a Velcro closure along the top edges - because I had velcro in my stash. 

 I sewed lots of different size pockets on the interior sides.

I'm hand-sewing the liner into the crocheted tote now. 

 The last step I will fasten buttons to the handles inside and out to more firmly attach the handles to the tote.

Isn't this guy cute? 

 An adorable baby gorilla reacting to a very COLD stethoscope. 

(Source - Pinterest)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Looking good, Sandy. You will be using it this week, I am sure. That baby gorilla is cute. If only they stayed that tiny ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I have two purses that need liners...but you know how I am allergic to that sewing stuff. Yours is making it easier for me to think tackling. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on that lining...
    that baby gorilla made me chuckle!

    have a great week, Pat

    ReplyDelete