Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Presenting My "Moonlight" Pillow Cover

Last night I finished the green edging and selected three black vintage buttons from my button pot.


This is the black granny rose side with the three vintage black button closure.


And this is the white granny rose side.


This little black and white granny rose travel pillow looks good out on the porch.


What do you think of my pillow's new name "Moonlight"?

Pammy Sue of "Scotty's Place" thinks I should crochet a granny rose throw in black and white

 I agree with her it would be stunning but I'm taking a break from crocheting ~ and granny roses ~ to try to finish my bird embroidery I started working on in the 1980s.





This is my friend "Teddy". 

 He lives behind us and likes to come over to visit. 

 He's a rescue dog who was lucky to find a good home and neighborhood to live in.


He's a sweetie. 

He has the cutest black nose.

Now I have to study my embroidery directions because I don't remember how to do anything. And I have to embroider left handed. I can't do that right handed like I can crocheting.


I'll leave you with a cute, but so true, Internet joke.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute Sandy. I like the black and white blanket idea too. I checked out your bird embroidery and I can see why you would like to get back to it, it's so pretty. I've got a couple of embroidert projects I'd like to get too, as well. I'll anxiously await the progression of yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name Moonlight and it is perfect for the color scheme. I can't wait to see the bird embroidery. I started picking up my hooks and then started decluttering and weeding and well, they have taken a back seat! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. matrazenbezug24.deJune 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM

    OOh very nice woolen pillow covers are very reliable but little problem in washing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pillow is lovely! What a great name. :)

    I am just in love with your embroidery project. Please, please, please keep us posted with updates. I really love embroidery, it's so nice to see it on a blog.

    Awwww Teddy looks so sweet...bless the people who saved him, he's adorable! I bet you have some special treats you give him, too.

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teddy! I want a Teddy in my neighborhood! Love how the pillow turned out! I'm laughing at you having to read up on embroidery. I feel the same way every time I start a crochet pattern that I haven't worked in awhile. You'd think I'd remember...but the ol' computer in my head does this involuntary download of info all the time...I guess to make room for all the new input. Ahhhh, such is life! Have a great day! Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those pillows are fantastic! I've never been real big on green outside of mother nature, of course, but I just love the way you balanced it with the black and white. You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so hard to look at because it is so pretty and reminds me of a granny blanket my hubby made me give up. I had 2 and he made me let 1 go..I kept the multi color and let go of the red roses on white. I imagine it thrilled someone to find it out thrifting. That it reminded them og their G'ma.

    ReplyDelete