Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Home After The Snow Blizzard

Hope you all had a wonderful Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Happy and Merry Christmas!  

We sure did!  We had a great time visiting our brothers and their families in Ohio...good food...fantastic company...lovely gifts...oh, my, how we hated to leave.  

We drove home yesterday after the snow storm that hit the East Coast - luckily we had clear roads the whole way.  We arrived home to a very white Christmas in the Philadelphia area with heavy gusts of wind and blowing snow and lots of snow drifts.   They even cancelled an Eagles game so you know it must have been a serious snow blizzard. 

Our driveway is there....somewhere?

After the snow blizzard!

Luckily we have four wheel drive on our car.
   
After that long drive hubby went right out and cleared the driveway with the snow blower.  It took him longer to finish it due to the high snow drifts.  So...why was I the tired one?  I went to bed early last night and slept 12 hours.   

Today is laundry day and I hope to get our thank you cards done too...well, at least started. 

Santa was very good to us.  

Hubby got me the most beautiful pair of earrings in tiny multi-colored precious stones - they are called "flower buds" and that's what they look like.   I also got a cute "Tinkerbell" watch.   

We have new DVDs to watch and lots of new books to read.  One DVD Santa left for me that I'm looking forward to seeing is the old TV mini series from the 1970s "Rich Man, Poor Man" based on the novel by Irwin Shaw.  

For several years I have been watching to see when this series would be put out on DVD and could hardly believe it when I saw that it finally was out this year.  I know most critics go on and on about Nick Nolte's acting but I'm a Peter Strauss fan myself.   I have not seen this series since it first came out on TV back in the 1970s.      

Well, I better finish up the laundry.     

Have a most wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful, Sandy! I am glad y'all made it home safely. I remember Rich Man, Poor Man. I hope you can get your laundry done and settle down to watch the miniseries :D

    xoxoxo
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice gifts and a great time with relatives. Good trip home then and lots of new snow. Things are doing well it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy,
    I wanted to stop by and Thank you for your visits. Wishing you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year!!
    We only had about an inch of snow in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete