Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Different Granny Square Cover

It started out like this...what to do with my left over granny squares!


BEFORE



AFTER


A pretty cover for our little stool!



I made it using the same method on the sides as I did on the tissue box covers.  This just slips over the stool.  My brother gave me the antique candle sticks and the candles were a Christmas gift (from England) from one of my hubby's co-workers many years ago.

A view of the corner.



I think it looks nice in front of the wicker chair.



I remember these wicker chairs sitting on my paternal grandparents screened in porch in the late 1950s.  My parents used them in their homes in Ohio and Florida.  And now I have them.  My Mom had the table custom made in the late 1960s to place the marble top on it (also passed down from my paternal grandparents).  My paternal grandfather made the base of the lamp from cypress wood he collected from the Florida swamps in the late 1950s.   I wouldn't replace a single item and love each and everyone.

Please join Cindy at My Romantic Home (here) for more Show and Tell Friday where other bloggers share precious things from their homes....

And Wendy at the Shabby Nest (here) for Frugal Friday!


And Cindy at Cottage Instincts (here) for Make It 4 Mondays!

Sandy at Teacup Lane

15 comments:

  1. You really did a wonderful job. The chairs and the memories...precious. Glad there are a bunch of us ol' sentimental fools around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to have so many heirlooms. It's not their monetary value that counts but the memories and stories they have to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is truly lovely very vintage feel and the colors are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! It adds such wonderful comfort and color to the room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good idea. I made an afghan with granny squares when I was a teenager. It got stolen when someone broke into our house and took a lot of things back in the 1970s. (I made it in the 50s). Every time I see those squares I wonder where mine are now. I enjoyed your pictures.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! it's really beautiful! u did a great job! I love ur stool and love how it brighten'up the room:)
    have a good friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That became so lovely and it fits so well with the chair and the rest of your decor.;) You are skillful.;))
    Have a wonderful Friday,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's made your stool look completely different! I really like it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your stool cover your did an a great job, and the wicker chairs are awesome, what a great memory to have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy, this made a wonderful transformation!

    Thank you for trying to help with my blogging/photo problem. It is still not solved :P I added an update and I'm waiting it out, hoping Blogger will do something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the stool cover - very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out so pretty, Sandy! I love the print on your couch (?) too. At least I think that's a couch. Maybe it's a chair. Anyway, I like it! (The tiny floral print)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely ADORE what you've done! It looks completely wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable~ you've given me a terrific idea for my own.
    {{hugs}} Carolyne

    ReplyDelete